Field Hockey Tryouts: will take place on Saturday August 11th from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM and teams will be finalized August 18th. Please arrive before 8:50 AM on August 11th if you need to turn in required forms. PLEASE NOTE: In order to be consider for the team you MUST attend ALL of the tryouts days.
Form Collection: The 1st form collection will take place on Thursday August 9th at the WJ Stadium entrance from 3:00 PM to 4:00PM. The 2nd form collection will take place during tryouts from 8:30 AM to 8:50 AM (Forms will not be accepted after 8:50 AM).
Required Forms: (MOST FOUND ON: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/athletics/parent/forms.aspx)
– Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form SR-8 (Must be completed every year for fall sports tryouts/NO FORM = NO TRYOUT)
– Medical Card Form 560-30 (FRONT & BACK)
– Student-Parent Participation Contract & Parent Permission Form (NO FORM = NO TRYOUT)
– Parent/Guardian Approval For Trips/Transportation Form 560-31
– Three ImPact Concussion Testing Forms (Below)
– Extracurricular Activity Fee. Students MAY tryout for a team without paying the fee but the fee must be paid when a student is selected for a team.
ALL INFORMATION IS ALSO FOUND ON WJ ATHLETICS WEBSITE (http://wjathletics.org/hq/wj-sports-tryouts-general-information/)
Impact Concussion Testing: All student-athletes must undergo baseline concussion testing at least once every two years. It is highly recommended that students attend concussion testing prior to tryouts. However, students will be allowed to attend tryouts without a valid concussion baseline test. Students selected for teams will not be allowed to participate without a valid concussion baseline test.
– Consent Form ImPact Baseline Concussion Testing
– MSDE Concussion Awareness and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Parent/Student-Athlete Acknowledgement Statement
– MSDE Pre-Participation Head Injury/Concussion Reporting Form for Extracurricular Activities
– http://wjathletics.org/hq/impact-concussion-testing/ (Contains required forms and times to take test)
MANDATORY Heat Awareness Presentation: Please read and go over with student athletes. The date has yet to be finalized, but there will be a mandatory Heat Awareness Presentation in the WJ auditorium. Will most likely take place from 7AM-8:15AM, but another email will be sent as a reminder.
PLEASE EMAIL COACH MATA at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive the summer workout packet.