WALTER JOHNSON TRACK TEAM RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
OUR GOAL IS EXCELLENCE
Track & Field at Walter Johnson is a tradition of excellence, it is a journey of self discovery, it is a venue for true competition, but above all it is a team. A group of young athletes working together for a common purpose, to be the best they can be.
UNIFORMS are Athlete Purchased from RNJ SPORTS at the following website http://www.rnjsports.com/clothing/uniforms.html
DEADLINE UNIFORM ORDERS MUST BE IN BY MARCH 6, 2020 DEADLINE
If you do not order your uniform by March 6th you will not have a uniform to compete in
Effort and Commitment This is a competitive track team, athletes will be expected to demonstrate a high level of commitment.
The Roster Limit is 45 Girls and 45 Boys . If Necessary, the roster will be reduced after a Time and Field event time trial. In some cases preference will be given to underclassman when there are similar times or distances or in judgement cases where potential for growth is factored in.
|Event:||Boy’s Standard||Girl’s Standard|
|Long Jump||15’ 6”||13’ 6”|
- ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY You are allowed 1 unexcused absence and 2 excused absences, any more will result in removal from the roster.
- All athletes will come to practice faithfully and complete assigned daily team workouts in a conscientious manner: if an athlete’s effort or actions is undermining team morale, that athlete may be removed from the team.
- Athletes who unable to make their best effort in training will be given an opportunity to improve their commitment, continued sub standard effort will result in removal from the roster.
- Roll will be taken at every training session
- Athletes will be expected to train for multiple events.
- Athletes will run in the meets they qualify for.
- All athletes must compete in all dual/tri meets and the County Varsity or the Varsity B Meet. Failure to compete will result in your removal from the roster unless your absence is agreed upon in advance
- Your team commitment will end at the conclusion of the County Varsity B Meet. You will not be required to continue training, except if you are scheduled to participate in the region meet or you just wish to do so.
- Athletes will listen when coaches speak.
- Athletes will not use foul language.
- Athletes will not leave practice without a coach’s permission. Athletes will not argue with officials.
- Athletes will congratulate teammates and opponents. Athletes will support and encourage their teammates. Athletes will thank officials.
- Athletes will never taunt, tease, or belittle opponents.
A varsity Letter will be awarded to athletes who display a full and total commitment to the team and their training. In addition an athlete must score 5 Points total from participation in the Dual / Tri meets, Invitational meets or County ,Region and State Championships. Relay Points will be awarded in full to each member of the scoring relay.